Full Stack Engineer – Python or Golang
- 12 Month Federal Government Contract
- Ability to obtain a Baseline Clearance
- Sydney or Brisbane, Flexibility (WFH 2 days a week)
Our Federal Governemnt Client, focused on helping Australians with disabilities, is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to provide expert advice on backend solutions during the design and scoping phase of projects to ensure the solutions developed are fit for purpose (front end experience will strongly count in your favour also). This is a high impact role, you will be expected to contribute to the development of enterprise solutions which the agency is developing to meet the needs of the Australian public.
Duties of the successful Full Stack Developer will include:
- Documenting all design and development work.
- Actively participate in code reviews – both as the reviewer and the reviewee to ensure coding quality and standards are maintained.
- Pro-actively maintaining and patching existing software already developed and deployed within the agency.
- Provide mentoring and technical leadership to other engineers.
- Collaborating with Business Analysts, Project Leads, and other IT teams to resolve issues to ensure solutions are viable and fit for purpose.
- Collaborate closely with the Quality Assurance team to ensure effective test coverage.
Essential Skills of the successful Full Stack Engineer are:
- Demonstrated experience using either Go (Golang) or Python (preferably both) to build applications intended to run within containerized environments.
- Demonstrated experience utilising DevOps tools such as Terraform, Vault, Artifactory, and GitLab.
- Experience developing software solutions which leverage cloud technologies (Kubernetes, Helm, serverless (AWS Lambda), IAM, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining large-scale systems designed to perform under heavy user loads.
- Proficient in trunk-based development practices, working collaboratively on projects with new or established CI/CD pipelines.
- Excellent communication skills, especially whilst working in a geographically distributed team.
- Experience with frontend development, experience using ReactJS and Typescript.
- Experience deploying resources to cloud environments with Terraform.
To apply for this role please contact Jon at Recruitment Hive on 02 6299 1006 or click apply to send you interest ot the agency.
Please note this role closes on Wednesday 28th November at Midday and required a Baseline Clearance.
Job ID: JB8656