EL2 Finance Director Contract
- 6 Month Federal Government Contract (possible extensions)
- Baseline Clearance required
- Canberra, New Acton
- Hybrid (4 days onsite preferred, WFH negotiable)
The role is responsible in providing leadership to the Financial Reporting and Treasury. The EL2 Finance Director is also responsible for building productive working relationships across the Department of our Federal Government Client.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrate experience with accounting systems similar to SAP, TM1, P2P, TRIM, or the ability to quickly acquire the skills to successfully navigate and use the systems.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor people in a dynamic environment.
- Proven financial and business acumen, including as it relates to developing strategic and operational plans, managing risk, and driving business efficiency and improvement.
- Exceptional communication including the ability to influence and manage relationships with senior executives and a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of delivering outcomes and initiatives, and the ability to manage competing demands particularly in the areas for which the position is responsible.
And will be responsible for the following:
- Managing the financial statement process.
- Driving the development/review of Austrade’s financial policies and procedures, ensuring alignment to business needs and broader strategic objectives, finance initiatives and frameworks.
- Leading the management of the month-end financial processes.
- Providing expert financial advice and input to business decisions and projects e.g. CAPEX/OPEX classifications.
- Management of the ANAO external audit process.
- Oversee the Tax and Treasury functions – ensure tax obligations are met (i.e.: BAS/FBT). Note FBT supported by an external provider.
To apply for this position please contact Jon at Recruitment Hive on 02 6299 1006 or click the apply button to send your expression of interest.
Please note this role requires a Baseline Clearance and closes on Monday 19th February at 9am.
Job ID: JB8907.