Data Scientist – Python/AI/ML
- 12+12 Month Federal Government Contract
- Client will sponsor a Baseline Clearance
- Canberra, remote work is possible (WFH)
Our Federal Government Client is seeking an individual who is interested driving innovation, delivery in a fast-paced agile environment and making a difference through their work, with background in machine learning, data science, or software engineering to:
- Contribute to the development of machine learning solutions, including the evaluation of commercial software or state of the market, or data analytics to identify opportunities for innovation.
- Experience in the development of machine learning capabilities as part of high performing solutions and projects, inclusive of experience programming with backend technologies research and development of statistical machine learning models to support business outcomes and the ability to build and run analytical prototypes to generate insights and results.
- Provide input into governance, analysis of risks and issues on the use of machine learning and data (in the context of AI and automation).
- Provide data engineering expertise in working with big data to support machine learning development, facilitate research and product development.
- Conduct testing and reviews for software development, data processing and analysis.
- Build machine learning and data science capabilities within the Innovation & Technology Group (ITG) by collaborating or training other data scientists or staff within the group.
Skill requirements for this role are:
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Ability to use Cloud services like Amazon Web Services (AWS) Textract and S3.
- Knowledge of working in Linux and with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Knowledge or experience with unstructured text processing such as regex or entity extraction using natural language processing is highly desirable (bordering on essential)
- Experience with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) desirable
- Knowledge of machine learning and experience in typesetting scientific text is advantageous but not required.
To apply for this position please contact Jon at Recruitment Hive on 02 6299 1006 or click the apply button to send your CV to Recruitment Hive and receive a full copy of the job description. Job ID: JB8727.
This role closes on Monday 18th December at Midday.