- Edinburgh, SA – Scientific computing infrastructure – Linux / Windows
- 12 + 12 + 12 + 12 month contract – NV2 required
Our client, a large Federal Government department securing Australia, requires an experienced Computational Research Network Specialist for a long 12 + 12 + 12 + 12 month contract.
You will assist with the Build, Run and Document of Cutting edge computational Research Networks and Trials Systems.
This role include performing through life support of specialised and experimental systems and ensure security compliance of Research Environments in line with industry standards. You will manage multiple logically separated and intersecting unique research environments, customised for research purposes and connected to a variety of scientific instrumentation.
- Build, Deploy and document specialised research ICT infrastructure into experimental labs and deployable constructs as required.
- Facilitate connectivity between experimental system components and core research networks, adhering to required security protocols and processes
- Configuration management of research system hardware.
- Collaborate with the researchers to resolve issues within a lab or experimental system.
- Operate highly technical research components and scientific computing infrastructure.
- Administer and operate Data Movement services (ingest and movement of data between domains and classifications) in line with organisational policies and procedures.
Will include some or all of the following:
- Research Network device administration.
- Firewall policy administration/co-ordination
- Research Data Storage administration.
- Server and workstation management and administration.
- laboratory instrumentation connectivity to experimental systems, and throughput to primary research networks.
- Experimental system operating systems (Linux and Windows) and research software (including designed bespoke software) support and licensing.
- Support of research DevOps platforms and modelling and simulation environments.
- Asset management (request creation and update as required).
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a number of the following technology areas:
- Platforms (Linux and/or Windows Desktop and Server) and supporting network services such as AD, DNS, DHCP.
- IP networking including routing, switching including associated device administration/management and good understanding of network design principals.
- Network security services/appliances (ie. Firewalls) including associated device administration/management.
- Data movement protocols and tools such as SMB, NFS, rsync or storage system data synchronization.
- Compute Server management and hosting facility best practice (ie, comms room, power, cooling).
- Scripting/Programming (ie. PowerShell, python, JAVA) and/or experience supporting DevOps teams and systems.
To apply for this long 12 + 12 + 12 + 12 month Computational Research Networks Specialist, please click the Apply to this Job button to forward your resume to Andy at the Recruitment Hive.
Please note our internal Job ID is AE8655 and this RFQ closes on Monday the 11th December 2023.