UX Designer Contract
- 12+12+12 Month Federal Government Contract
- Canberra city location, Hybrid working (WFH)
- Candidates must hold an NV1
Our Large Federal Government Client’s Information Management and Technology Division, has a requirement for a labour-hire resource to fill the role of User Experience (UX) Designer. In this role, the successful candidate will collaborate with the design team and cross-functional stakeholders to create engaging interactions, intuitive and visually appealing digital experiences across web and app. They will work on end-to-end UX design and take ownership across design functionality from research to delivery.
The UX designer will:
- Lead the user-centred design process and design thinking methodologies to define solutions based on a deep understanding of customer needs, pain points, and behaviours.
- Define the user experience, interactions through user flows, information architecture, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and visual design
- Communicate the user experience through research insights, personas, customer journey maps, storyboards, mock-ups and prototypes.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure technical capability and communicate design specifications and resolve implementation issues.
- Ability to lead multiple projects across the product lifecycle, from discovery to implementation.
The required skills and experience are as follows:
- Mid-level (eg 5+ years’) experience in a UI or UX design role or similar.
- Knowledge and experience in Human Centred Design / Design Thinking methodologies.
- Experience in design systems, accessibility standards, and responsive design.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Photoshop or similar.
- Experience designing for native mobile apps.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present design solutions effectively.
- Experience working in Agile development teams.
Please note this role closes at midday on Friday 15th December and requires candidates to hold an NV1 clearance.
Contact Jon at Recruitment Hive on 02 6299 1006 or click the apply button to send your expression of interest in the position.
JOB ID: JB8733