Senior Data Analyst (SQL, PowerBI, DAX)
- Initial 6 Month Contract + 2 X 12 Month Extensions
- Canberra or Sydney based + WFH Flexibility
- Ability to obtain a Baseline Clearance
Our Client, a large Federal Government Department requires skilled senior data analysts to work in a high performing data warehousing team delivering analytics and workload measurement.
The senior data analysts will provide services under direction including:
- Obtain in-depth knowledge of a business area through data analysis and engagement and consultation with subject matter experts within business;
- Demonstrated experience supporting organisational outcomes using data wrangling using SQL analysis and visualisation;
- High level of written communication skills and experience with writing technical documents;
- Write clear, business meaningful, code documentation that explains the intent and mechanics of scripts;
- Follow good programming practices and team programming conventions;
- Other related activities as required.
To be deemed suitable for this opportunity, you will have:
- Very strong SQL skills, SQL Server with extensive expertise in writing complex queries, stored procedures, views etc. Developing, implementing and maintaining databases and extending sources of information and processes to support and enhance analysis;
- Assessing quality of data and removing or cleaning data to robustly identify and interpret trends and patterns in data sets. Experience in building, delivering and maintaining business intelligence reports, dashboards using PowerBI, Report Builder and advanced DAX calculations;
- Communicating and translating complex technical information simply and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Ability to work independently in a rigorous, yet extremely rapid, environment;
- Ability to deliver incremental production change on a weekly to fortnightly basis. Ability to adapt quickly with flexibility to changing demand and priorities.
- Experience using DAX Studio, SQL Server Analysis Services: Tabular modelling.
- Demonstrated ability to develop technical documentation and track work in collaboration tools such as DevOps.
To be considered for these Senior Data Analyst contract opportunities, please forward your Resume to Ben at the Recruitment Hive by clicking the Apply for this Job button. Alternatively, you can reach Ben on (02)6299 1006 to discuss the requirements in further detail.
Please note, applications close on Friday the 1st of December at 2:00PM.
Job ID: BC8645