Executive Support Officer
- Canberra CBD Office Location
- Initial Contract until EOFY + 12 Month Extension Option
- Ability to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance
Our Client, a large Federal Government Agency is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Executive Assistant / Support Officer to provide high-level administrative support to Assistant Commissioners.
You will be responsible for providing high-level executive support in a professional, accurate and timely manner. You will undertake work that is complex and sensitive in nature, utilising expertise and knowledge in stakeholder management, coordination
and organisational tasks. You may also provide support to ensure all administrative requirements associated with key election deliverables are adhered to.
The Executive Assistant / Support Officer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Provide high-level executive support to the Assistant Commissioner, the Executive cohort across the branch;
- Diary management including organising, scheduling and coordinating for Senior Executive;
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Proactively managing the workload of the Senior Executive by addressing enquires that are routine, moderately complex and independently responding to internal and external queries;
- Quality assurance (including proof reading, editing and drafting) of documents such as briefs, minutes and other advice, in accordance with departmental guidelines;
- Contribute to the improvement of business processes, including working with other Executive Assistants and staff across the organisation to support key business outcomes;
- Manage the requirements and needs of your branch, including governance activities, resource management, recruitment, and inductions;
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
To be deemed suitable for this opportunity, you will have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional organisational, time management and communication skills to proactively manage daily workflow and competing requests, ensuring clear, timely and effective coordination;
- Sound judgement and show a high degree of initiative, integrity and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive business matters;
- Proven ability to achieve results, to organise priorities and meet deadlines;
- Confidence and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority both in writing and verbally;
- Demonstrated experience providing highly organised coordination and administrative support, including the ability to prioritise work for yourself and the Assistant Commissioner, under pressure, while maintaining attention to detail and meeting deadlines;
- Well-developed computer and telephony skills, including strong experience with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Prior experience working in a an ICT environment;
- Prior experience using whole-of-government online travel booking tools and financial management solutions.
For a copy of the full job description, including the application instructions please get in touch with Alison at the Recruitment Hive by clicking the Apply for this Job button. Alternatively, you can reach Alison on (02)6299 1006 to discuss further.
Job ID: AC8646